if you have already chrome installed, you don't need to re-download, because chrome update automatically.
By default chrome running in desktop modes, just like you were running in windows Xp,7 and vista Operating systems,
Now as windows 8 is the latest release of Microsoft windows, you should use it windows 8 style, because it work efficient, fast, flexible and secure.
throughout this post, we will learn what's new in chrome for windows 8, and what you can do with it.
Before we launch chrome in windows 8 mode, let's discuss something.
Chrome and Windows 8:
- You have always option, you can switch back to desktop mode.
- once you're using chrome in windows 8 mode, you can switch to other windows apps by hovering your mouse to left top corner of your windows 8 screen.
- All pops up chrome windows would open in new tabs.
- incognito windows will be considered as new chrome window, you can always switch back to normal chrome window by hovering your mouse on top-left side of Google chrome browser.
- Chrome will always open in windows 8, until you relaunch it in desktop mode.
How to Launch chrome in windows 8 mode?
In the below steps we're going to use chrome in windows 8 mode, just like other windows 8 apps.
first of all we've to enable it, let's start
Step-1: Open Google chrome, from windows 8 start screen, or from Task bar icon, or from desktop shortcut, Or search chrome in windows 8 apps, once you've opened chrome, jump to step2
Step-2: Now in chrome, at the top left side, click on Setting icon, and then click on "Relaunch chrome in windows 8 mode",
Now wait for a few seconds, windows 8 will launch chrome.
Now whenever you'll open chrome, it would open in windows 8 mode,
If you want to switch back to desktop mode, you can repeat above steps, and instead of relaunching in windows 8 mode, you would click on "Relaunch chrome in desktop mode."
Share Your experience:
I personally recommend for all windows 8 users to use chrome as windows 8 app, because it work more fast, and you can surf internet browsing more easily, and feel compatible, all pops chrome windows would open in new tabs, so you don't need to switch between bunch of chrome windows.